Vero Beach AC Installation
Your Total Comfort Is Our #1 Goal
Whether you are installing a brand-new air conditioner or replacing an old unit, let Colkitt Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning help you. For more than 45 years, our team has proudly been installing residential and commercial cooling systems in Vero Beach and the surrounding areas. Our customers rely on us not only for ensuring a job well done but also for providing top-of-the-line air conditioning products. Additionally, since our expertise includes sheet metal fabrication, we can even customize the installation according to the unique needs of your home or commercial building.
For more information about AC installation in Vero Beach, talk to a member of our team at (772) 672-3033!
Factors to Consider When Considering New AC Installation
If you are in the market for a new air conditioner, you may have noticed that your options are endless. How would you know which AC is the best one for your home or commercial space?
Consider the following factors:
- Cooling capacity – Make sure the cooling capacity or size of your AC is enough to cool your home or office. An air conditioner that is too small for your space may struggle to keep up with your cooling needs while an AC that’s too large may drive up your energy bills.
- Energy-efficiency rating – Today’s air conditioners are more efficient than ever. To determine how efficient an AC is, look at the SEER rating. The higher the number, the more efficient it is.
- Price – Our Vero Beach AC experts can help you find a unit that is within your budget. We’ll also make sure that the AC is of high caliber, so you get the most out of your hard-earned money.
- Available warranty – When you purchase an air conditioner or any other appliances, make sure there’s a warranty. This ensures your AC is protected in case something goes wrong. It’s also important to read through the warranty so you’ll know what to do to keep its validity.
When to Consider AC Replacement?
Air conditioners have an average lifespan of 10 to 15 years. If your AC is around this age, it’s the best time to seriously consider an AC replacement in Vero Beach. Doing so will not only save you the headache of suddenly having no AC in the middle of a scorching summer but it will also save you money from frequent repairs.
Below are other signs that can help tell you when it’s time for AC Replacement:
- Your cooling bills are constantly increasing. One common denominator that all dying AC units have is that they become less efficient over time. While you wouldn't notice this loss of efficiency in your indoor air temperature, you will when you go to pay the monthly electrical bill.
- Your AC needs a replacement part that is already obsolete or cost half as much as a new unit. As AC units age, their parts become obsolete and more expensive to replace. When considering if a repair is too expensive, our Vero Beach AC replacement experts use the following formula. If the (cost of repair) x (age of unit in years) is greater than the cost of replacement, you're better off replacing the entire unit.
- Your home or office is still not feeling cool and comfy even after AC repairs. There comes a point when yet another AC repair visit becomes more expensive than AC replacement. If your unit isn't cooling or there's excess humidity in your indoor air environment then contact our Vero Beach AC installation experts about getting a new unit.
- Your AC still uses R 22 Freon, which is set to be phased out. Because of the 2020 Freon Ban, units that rely on the coolant aren't illegal, but they will become increasingly expensive to run because the coolant's production has stopped.
If you are still unsure whether to replace your AC, contact Colkitt Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning. Our technicians are honest and can thoroughly explain why replacing your air conditioner is a more cost-effective option. We can also assist you in choosing a new AC and provide you with an installation that is done quickly, efficiently, and flawlessly.
Ready for an AC installation in Vero Beach? Get in touch with us online or call (772) 672-3033!
Locally Owned & Operated
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
Family Owned For 50 Years
Offering Free Estimates On New A/C Systems
Same Day Service Available
24-Hour Emergency Service