AC Repair in Vero Beach, FL
Air Conditioning Repairs Keeping You Cool Day and Night in Vero Beach, FL
The high temperatures and humidity we see in Vero Beach can leave you feeling hot and sticky—especially when you’re stuck with sub-par air conditioning. If your air conditioner isn’t delivering the quality cooled air you need, the air conditioning repair team at Colkitt Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning is here to help.
With more than 50 years of experience providing ac repair in Vero Beach for both residential and commercial clients, we have the expertise, the skills, and the equipment to make sure the job’s done right the first time. Make sure to check out our customer reviews to learn more about why we are the most trusted AC repair company in Vero Beach, FL.
My only regret is I didn't do it sooner.- Bill C
Even when your comfort levels are noticeably affected, it can be difficult for anyone without expensive training to pinpoint the source of the issue. Your air conditioner is packed full of a multitude of parts and components, and any one of them could be experiencing problems that affect your unit’s ability to do its job.
Signs That Your Unit Needs Repairs Include:
- Short cycling
- Warm spots
- Weak airflow
- Strange smells or sounds
- Malfunctioning thermostat
- High humidity
- Increased utility bills
When you notice changes in your air conditioning, contact our Vero Beach AC repair team at Colkitt Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning. We can inspect your air conditioner, diagnose the problem, and provide you with honest, up-front pricing. No matter what the size or scope of the cooling issue you are facing, you can rely on us to provide you with a fast, long-lasting solution.
Why Is Timely AC Repair Important?
Did you know that neglecting timely air conditioning repair can lead to bigger issues down the road? Not only will it cost more money in the long run, but it can also cause health problems for you and your family. Regular AC repair ensures that your system is running efficiently, reducing energy costs and preventing the spread of mold and bacteria.
Additionally, properly maintained air conditioning can improve air quality by filtering out pollutants and allergens. Keeping on top of AC repair can make a significant difference in maintaining a comfortable and healthy home environment. So don't wait until it's too late - schedule those repairs now! Contact our AC repair experts in Vero Beach, FL today to schedule a service and to learn more about how we can help keep your home cool and comfortable all night long.
Why Is My AC Blowing Hot Air?
If your AC is blowing hot air instead of cool air, there could be several reasons behind it. Here are a few common explanations for why this might be happening:
1. Thermostat Settings: Double-check the thermostat settings to ensure that it's set to "cool" mode and that the temperature is set lower than the current room temperature. Sometimes, a simple adjustment in the settings can solve the issue.
2. Air Filter: A clogged or dirty air filter can restrict airflow and hinder the cooling process. Make sure to check and replace your air filter regularly, as a dirty filter can cause your AC to blow hot air.
3. Refrigerant Leak: Refrigerant is responsible for cooling the air in your AC system. If there's a leak, the refrigerant level may be low, which can result in the AC blowing warm air.
4. Condenser Unit Issues: The condenser unit, located outside your home, plays a crucial role in cooling the air. If the condenser unit is dirty or obstructed by debris, it can impair its performance and lead to warm air blowing from the vents. Cleaning the condenser coils and removing any obstructions can help resolve this problem.
5. Compressor Problems: The compressor is responsible for compressing the refrigerant, and if it malfunctions, it can cause the AC to blow hot air. Faulty wiring, a broken capacitor, or a worn-out compressor may be the underlying causes. In such cases, it's best to consult an HVAC professional for repair or replacement.
6. Ductwork Issues: Damaged or poorly insulated ductwork can result in the loss of cool air, causing your AC to blow warm air. Inspect the ducts for any leaks, holes, or disconnected sections and seal them properly. Consider contacting an HVAC technician for a thorough inspection and ductwork repair if needed.
Remember, troubleshooting and fixing AC issues can be complex, and it's often best to consult a qualified HVAC professional to diagnose and resolve the problem effectively.
- Dirty filters – If your AC has poor airflow or is blowing out dust particles when you turn it on, the problem is most likely a dirty filter. A quick, simple filter replacement is all you need to get the cool air flowing efficiently again.
- Refrigerant leaks – Refrigerant is the substance responsible for cooling your air. When it leaks, your unit can’t perform properly will only produce warm air.
- Clogged drain line – Dust, dirt, lint, and other airborne particles can clog up your AC’s drain line. When this happens, the drain pan will overflow and form puddles or leaks around the AC unit.
- Faulty breakers or fuses – Like any electrical system, breakers and fuses prevent your motor from overheating. That’s why when your unit’s motor is not working, our Vero Beach AC techs always check the breaker or fuse first.
- Worn contactors – Your AC has contactors for the compressor, blower motor, and condenser fan motor. If any of these contactors has been damaged, the electrical current will have a hard time starting the motors.
When your home or commercial building is without an AC in the middle of a heatwave, it’s not only uncomfortable, but dangerous as well, leaving you vulnerable to heatstroke, dehydration, and other health hazards.
Fortunately, you can count on the expert team at Colkitt Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We can get to you right away and make sure you’re cool and comfy again in no time.